The Colorado Small Business Development Center Network (CSBDC) is dedicated to helping existing and new businesses grow and prosper in Colorado by providing free and confidential consulting and no- or low-cost training programs.
Business Resources and Training
- An intensive and hands-on course designed to help entrepreneurs with comprehensive training on starting and operating a small business. The course will help both start-up and existing businesses.
Workshops that cover:
- Startup Essentials
- Website Creation/E-Commerce
- Business Planning
Programs and Events such as:
- Connect2DOT is a program formed as a result of an innovative partnership between the Colorado SBDC Network and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT). The program is designed to help small businesses in the transportation industry become more competitive and successful in bidding and contracting with CDOT and other local transportation agencies.
- SBCD Advanced which is an economic gardening program, focused on helping our Colorado companies to grow by providing custom-fit market research and corporate-level tools that might otherwise be out of reach for small to mid-sized businesses. These businesses can then use this data to make informed strategic growth decisions.
- Veterans Programs: Boots to Business is an entrepreneurial education and training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as part of the Department of Defense’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP). The curriculum continuum includes steps for evaluating business concepts, the foundational knowledge required to develop a business plan and information on SBA resources available to help access start-up capital and additional technical assistance.Please visit www.boots2business.org for more information. For class schedule inquiries, please call 315-443-0224. NOTE: With valid ID, a veteran may attend any of the upcoming classes at any of the locations.
- Women in Business: The Colorado SBDC Network is hosting the Women’s Small Business Conference at the beautiful Sky Ute Casino Resort (only 20 minutes outside Durango) on Friday, July 14! This annual event features a day full of breakout training sessions, exhibitor tables, one-on-one consulting, and networking.
- FREE Colorado Business Book: The Colorado Business Resource Book is one of the most successful and comprehensive business start-up guides in the nation. It is made possible by a collaborative effort between federal and state business assistance agencies and the private sector. As federal and state agency budgets are reduced, this public-private partnership has become the most cost-effective way to produce this tremendous guide.
- Small Business Navigator: the first point of contact for new and existing business owners with questions about federal, state and local licensing requirements. The navigator also provides referrals to a variety of state and federal assistance programs and local small business training. In addition, the navigator maintains a comprehensive database of federal, state and local regulatory and permitting requirements. Call the Small Business Navigator at 303-592-5920 with your start-up questions!
The SBDC located at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado, provides assistance to all existing small businesses and others who need help in developing their ideas. The territory served by this location includes: Archuleta County, Dolores County, La Plata County, Montezuma County, San Juan County, Southern Ute Indian Tribe, and Ute Mountain Ute Indian Tribe.
Check out the latest events
Contact: Liz Ross, Director